Westminster Abbey & Thames River Cruise Half-Day Tour
Westminster Abbey and Thames River Cruise Experience
Looking to spend a half-day touring around two of London’s most famous landmarks?
Join our Blue Badge Accredited Guide for an incredible adventure to explore the historic Westminster Abbey before taking in the skyline with a trip up the London Eye.
Continue reading for more information on what you’ll see when you’re on our half-day tour of Westminster Abbey and the London Eye, or if you have more time to spend in London and would like to see some other local sites as well, get in touch with our expert team to start planning your perfect tour of London here.
Highlights of Our Westminster Abbey & River Cruise Half-Day Tour:
- Be met by your professional Blue Badge Guide
- Be guided in London’s most famous royal church: Westminster Abbey. Whilst inside, see the Coronation chair, poets corner, and much more
- Hear stories regarding famed politicians, a large bell named Big Ben, and gunpowder plots, whilst taking a stroll around Parliament Square
- Enjoy a calming guided river cruise, taking in iconic sights such as the London Eye and Tower Bridge
Westminster Abbey Tour & Thames River Cruise Tour Itinerary
Westminster Abbey is a jewel in London’s crown and has lived on the same site for nearly 1000 years.
During your private guided tour, you will be shown many historical gems, one being the Coronation Chair, which is the seat every monarch has sat in to be crowned since the 13th century. There are over 3000 burials in the Abbey so expect to see the graves of famous scientists, poets, and past monarchs such as Queen Elizabeth I.
You will also walk through ‘The Crossing’: the area where royal weddings take place, like that of Prince William and Princess Kate’s in 2011.
After your guided tour you will have time to browse the shop and pick up refreshments, before walking through the political heart of London: Parliament Square. Surrounding the square are many iconic sights to enjoy and hear about, such as The Houses of Parliament, Whitehall, and Big Ben’s clock tower.
It will then be time to board your boat and take a relaxing cruise along the River Thames. Your guide will tell you fascinating stories about London’s great river, whilst taking insights like The London Eye, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London.
Interested in extending this tour to a full-day tour of London?
Why You Should Choose Our Tour of Westminster Abbey & Thames River Cruise:
- Learn about the real stories behind the coronations, royal weddings & Kings & Queens of Britain
- See the hidden angles of the abbey and go behind the guidebooks
- Enjoy a relaxing river cruise with your guide
- Customize the tour to suit your group, perhaps even combining it with other attractions in London to create a longer multi-day experience!
Tour Duration: 4 hours
Meeting point: At your centrally located London accommodation OR at the west front of Westminster Abbey
Contact Us About A Tour of Westminster Abbey & River Cruise
At London by Luxe we understand that no two private tours will be the same, and we endeavor to tailor every tour exactly to the tastes and requirements of our guests. So if there is anything we can do to customize your tour, just let our friendly planners know in the form below.
Rated 5-Star on Google & TripAdvisor
Other Guided Day Tours from London by Luxe
Or view our multi-day UK tour itineraries: