Stratford-Upon-Avon & The Cotswolds Private Car Tour
Guided Tour of Stratford Upon Avon and Cotswolds
Get away from the frenetic rush of the city with our private driver-guided tour to Shakespeare’s hometown – the beautiful Stratford-Upon-Avon, and explore England’s largest area of outstanding natural beauty, the Cotswolds.
Upon collection from your accommodation in London, you will enjoy the benefit of your guide’s insight and knowledge of Bard’s life as you travel to Stratford-Upon-Avon where Shakespeare was born and grew up. Discover the many surviving buildings and sights that would have been so familiar to the Bard during his formative years in this historic old town.
Your driver-guide will then take you to the Cotswolds – England’s largest area of outstanding natural beauty. See the picture-postcard version of England’s green and pleasant land realized in front of your eyes as your guide delivers you to medieval villages and towns where it seems the beautiful architecture has been untouched by the passing centuries. Enjoy a meal and drink in an ancient English pub while taking in the gorgeous rolling hills and scenery before your private guide takes you back to your accommodation for the evening in our stylish executive vehicle.
Locations On Your Guided Tour of The Hometown of Shakespeare:
- Visit the house where Shakespeare was born and raised.
- Holy Trinity Church where the world’s greatest playwright was christened and buried.
- Stratford Grammar School where Shakespeare began his education.
- Private tour of other original 16th century Tudor buildings related to his life such as Anne Hathaway’s cottage and many others.
Enjoy A Guided Tour of The Cotswolds In The Afternoon
- Have lunch or afternoon tea (not included) and spend some time in the beautiful town of Bourton-on-the-Water, ‘the Venice of the Cotswolds’.
- Explore other quaint Cotswold towns and villages.
- Drive through the amazing scenery of The Cotswolds.
Stratford Upon Avon & The Cotswolds Private Tour Itinerary
Once you have made the scenic drive from London to Stratford-Upon-Avon in the luxury of our executive class vehicle, we will start where it all began: Shakespeare’s birthplace. You will tour the 16th-century half-timbered house where the bard was born in 1564 and which is now a museum owned by the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust.
Visit Shakespeare’s Church
Your guide will then take you to visit the 17th-century funerary monument to Shakespeare contained within Holy Trinity Church – also known as Shakespeare’s Church as this is where the great man was baptized, married, and buried.
Guided Tour of Shakespeare’s Life in Stratford-Upon-Avon
Touring Stratford-Upon-Avon with your private guide is simply a must for any fans of Shakespeare because the town is so immaculately well preserved from the period and your guide will take you to other sites with massive significance for Shakespeare fans such as Anne Hathaway’s cottage where you can see not only the 15th-century building but inside you can actually view furniture owned by the Hathaway family!
Other locations of interest that you will see with your private guide are Stratford Grammar School where Shakespeare began his education and Hall’s croft where Susannah, the daughter of Shakespeare lived.
Admire The Beauty of The Cotswolds With Your Private Driver
After you have enjoyed your time in Stratford-Upon-Avon, your driver-guide will take you to explore the exquisite beauty and ancient charm of the Cotswolds before delivering you back to your accommodation in London for the evening.
Why Book Your Tour of Stratford-Upon-Avon & The Cotswolds With Luxe
Quite simply this is the finest way for guests staying in London to experience the majesty and beauty of Shakespeare’s hometown and the idyllic natural beauty and ancient architecture of the Cotswolds in one stunning day trip.
- Your experienced private driver-guide will be an expert in the history and life of the bard and will happily regale you with tales of Shakespeare’s upbringing and career as you travel between and throughout destinations on the tour.
- We only use Mercedes Benz vehicles with the best chauffeurs and guides in the industry.
- Our tours are designed for the refined traveler who enjoys private tours, at their own pace, staying away from crowds, traveling in comfort and style with the full attention of knowledgeable guides and chauffeurs.
Contact Luxe For Your Private Guided Tour of Stratford-Upon-Avon & The Cotswolds
We only provide private tours as we believe traveling in safety and comfort create the best environment for our clients to enjoy these incredible locations. As such, our itineraries are completely customizable so if you or your group have a particular interest in one aspect of Shakespeare’s life or location in the Cotswolds you wish to visit, simply let us know and we will provide an updated free and complimentary tour itinerary for you.
Rated 5-Star on Google & TripAdvisor
Other Private Day Tours in England by Luxe
Or view our multi-day UK tour itineraries: