British Museum Guided Tour
Private Tour of British Museum
Visit one of the most renowned museums of the world with a private guide and view famous artifacts such as the Rossetta’s Stone, the controversial Parthenon marbles, and much more.
Enjoy a brief stroll around the famous area of Bloomsbury and hear how the British Museum came to be before entering this magnificent institution.
Highlights of Our British Museum Guided Tour:
- Meet your professional Blue Badge Guide
- Visit one of the most important museums in the world
- Be shown incredible artifacts such as The Rosetta Stone, the Parthenon Marbles, and much, much more
- Skip the line access
- Free consultation with your guide to determine what exhibitions you want to spend the most time with
British Museum Tour Itinerary
The British Museum was the world’s free public museum and was first opened to the public in 1753.
Sir Hans Sloane donated his extensive collection of 20, 000 pieces and the museum has grown ever since. And after visiting you will feel like you’ve traveled around the globe and seen so much along the way.
Your guide will be sure to show you the museum’s highlights and believe us there are many. They include:
- The famous Rosetta Stone: the key to unlocking the hieroglyphic language
- The Parthenon Marbles: intricate statues from the Acropolis carved 2500 years ago in Athens
- The Sutton Hoo Hoard: the contents of a Saxon ship burial and the subject of the recent film, ‘The Dig’.
- Ancient Egyptian Mummies
- The Easter Island statue called Hoakananaia
*Please note that the British Museum may close off sections of the museum to the public without prior notice.
Interested in combining a tour of the British Museum with one of our other private guided tours of London, or as part of a larger multi-day tour of the UK? Get in touch with our expert tour planners today and they will create a custom tour itinerary for you completely free of charge.
Why Choose Us For Your Tour of The British Museum?
- See the British Museum the way you would like to see it – focus on the exhibits that are most important to you
- No following a guide with an umbrella. Your private guide will show you all the big exhibits and also some of the smaller ones that you would never learn about on a big group tour
- Customize your tour itinerary to suit you and your group
Tour Duration: 2-3 hours
Meeting point: At your centrally located London accommodation OR at the Holborn Station station entrance
Contact Us About Your Own British Museum Guided Tour
At London by Luxe we understand that no two private tours will be the same, and we endeavor to tailor every tour exactly to the tastes and requirements of our guests. So if there is anything we can do to customize your tour, just let our friendly planners know in the form below.
Rated 5-Star on Google & TripAdvisor
Other Guided Day Tours from London by Luxe
Or view our multi-day UK tour itineraries: