Private Jack The Ripper & East End of London Guided Tour
Jack the Ripper Tour
Jack the Ripper is one of London’s most notorious and mysterious historical figures.
On this tour take a journey through the harsh world of London’s 19th-century East End while learning not just about the infamous murders, but about the lives of the victims.
Your Blue Badge guide will take you beyond the usual ‘Jack the Ripper’ tour sites to give you a greater understanding of the lives of the people left behind and how this has formed the East End of London day.
What’s Included In Our Jack The Ripper & East End of London Private Guided Tour?
- Walking in the footsteps of the notorious serial killer Jack the Ripper
- Take a journey back in time to East London of the past while also viewing the East London of today
- Learn about the lives of women during the 19th century & the hardships they had to endure
- Learn not just about Jack the Ripper, but about his many victims: who they were and what their lives were like
- Learn about the marked differences in wealth & lifestyle between East & West London in the 1800s.
- Experience the multicultural street food of modern-day London’s East End
Jack The Ripper & East End of London Tour Itinerary
Today London’s East End is known as a rather affluent place with trendy doughnut shops, prolific street artists, and million-pound homes gracing the space. But jump back to the 19th century and you certainly wouldn’t want to be roaming these streets at night, or the day if I’m being quite honest.
The area was dark, dank, and sinister, with 1000’s living in claustrophobic conditions and surrounded by infestations and disease. To make matters worse: in the autumn period of 1888, a murderous villain known as Jack the Ripper was on the loose. This person aggressively attacked and murdered a hand full of women, women who slowly but surely we are learning more and more about.
Sadly we don’t know the killer and this investigation is still today an open book.
So follow your guide through the back streets of the East End and track the murderous route of this famous crime. We have to remember this is not a made-up story; the women who were killed existed, some with families, and their memory and story must be heard.
Why You Should Choose Our Private Guided Jack The Ripper Tour:
- Avoid the big Jack the Ripper tour groups by following your guide on the best routes only known to the local experts
- Visit the places the victims lived and worked; rather than just the sites of the murders themselves that you will generally only visit on a group tour
- Be shown the best places for authentic London street food; away from the big tour groups
Tour Duration: Approx 3 hours
Meeting point: At your central London accommodation or Aldgate Station
Contact Us About The Jack The Ripper Guided Tour
At London by Luxe we understand that no two private tours will be the same, and we endeavor to tailor every tour exactly to the tastes and requirements of our guests. So if there is anything we can do to customize your tour, just let our friendly planners know in the form below.
Rated 5-Star on Google & TripAdvisor
Other Guided Day Tours from London by Luxe
Or view our multi-day UK tour itineraries: