Jewish London Private Tour
Jewish Heritage in London Tour
Discover the Jewish heritage of London. Together with your Jewish Blue Badge Guide explore London, one of the most diverse, multicultural cities on earth.
This tour focuses on the history & modern traditions of the Jewish population, one of London’s oldest immigrant groups. We will visit areas such as The City, London’s historic heart, and the East End which was the Jewish district 100 years ago.
Your guide will bring to life the heritage & customs of Jewish London.
What’s Included In Our Jewish London Private Guided Tour?
- Be met by your professional Jewish Blue Badge guide
- Visit London’s famous East End, the heart of Jewish life
- Visit Bevis Marks, the oldest surviving synagogue in Britain (subject to opening times)
- Hear about the lives of the Jews who have contributed significantly to British society
- Learn & sample traditional food – from visiting a London Jewish baking institution where you can try the doughnuts that your guide grew up on to sampling fish & chips (yes, this British staple has a Jewish background!)
Jewish London Tour Itinerary
Starting in the medieval old city where they lived nearly one thousand years ago. Only fragments remain but you will hear the stories of how these Jews lived and where they prayed.
We will then move to the East End, just outside the old city walls. This is the area where, 100 years ago, the newly arrived Jewish immigrants lived and worked. A shtetl in the center of London. Yiddish was the language of the streets here as this dirt-poor community struggled to make a home and life for themselves.
When open, we will visit inside Bevis Marks, the oldest surviving synagogue in the UK. You will hear stories of great British Jews such as Prime Minister Disraeli and philanthropist Moses Montefiore. Sweatshops and street markets, singers and poets, shuls and soup kitchens.
Along the way, you will sample traditional Jewish food such as bagels, fish & chips & herring (if you’re game!)
Why You Should Choose Luxe For Your Jewish London Tour:
- Learn about the wider context of London’s story & how Jewish life plays an integral part
- Hear the hidden stories of Jewish London and go behind the guidebooks
- Learn the first-hand experience of what it’s like being Jewish in London & personal family stories from your guide
- Sample traditional London Jewish cuisine
Tour Duration: Approx 3 hours
Meeting point: At your centrally located London accommodation OR at St Paul’s underground station
Contact Us About The Jewish London City Tour
At London by Luxe we understand that no two private tours will be the same, and we endeavor to tailor every tour exactly to the tastes and requirements of our guests. So if there is anything we can do to customize your tour, just let our friendly planners know in the form below.
Rated 5-Star on Google & TripAdvisor
Other Guided Day Tours from London by Luxe
Or view our multi-day UK tour itineraries: